Who we are
Xored Software is a 100% Russian company created from scratch in Akademgorodok. Our products and technologies are well known in Eclipse world. We are a memberof Eclipse Foundation and many of us are official commiters to various projects of Eclipse Foundation projects, such as Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK), Tigerstripe, EPP, etc...
Our scope of work is not limited to development tools. We spend a lot of time on development of modeling systems primarily for telecommunication companies. Our customers are such industry leaders as Cisco Systems and British Telecom; they use our experience to create modeling tools for network services and network equipment testing.
In 2011 we release a number of our own products, including function test automation tools RCPTT, big data analysis expert system X5, IDE for a upgrouing programming language Fantom (F4). Apart from Java Developement tools, F4 is the first IDE written in the language it is designed for.
A talented programmer
Things we don't look for
- We do not care if you know Java, C++ etc. In fact, you are very likely not to know Fantom or Nim either, but you'll probably have to use it. On the other hand, if you happen to know Scala or Clojure properly, wewould like to hire you skipping any interviews, but we have to interview you to make sure you are not a programming hipster after all.
- Actually, we are not interested in a number of technologies you know or have ever used. They willcertainly matter, but they are not required. What we do is creating technologies from a scratch; naturally, you cannot be expected to have them in your set of skills. However, if you have ever made or taken part in building a widely recognized piece of code, like Hibernate, Maven, Spring Framework, or Eclipse, we add you to payroll the next day you wrote to us.
- We are equally not interested in any degrees and education certificates. That does not imply us being a bunch of unintelligent dimwits. The thing is that we believe education and intelligence are not synonymous. We do have a couple of PhDs, though.
- We have no interest in your race, gender or sexual preferences.
Things we actually care about
- Basics of programming are imperative. You don't have to have Knuth at the tip of your tongue, but some bits of Wirth's Algorithms + Data Structure are not supposed to be an epiphany either.
- Profound knowledge of object-oriented programming is another must have. Instead of listening aboutdesign patterns, we'd rather see a fine example of your design.
- You should follow new trends, but be not obsessed with them. Those who think Java and C++ are the supreme of programming evolution should stop reading this, it's highly unlikely we hire you. On the other hand, weready to believe in J2EE and ASP.NET being the best if you can ground it. Not having ever fancied Cloud, NoSQL, or highly scalable architectures would be considered as a drawback. To cut a long story short, just tell us something new, captivating and having practical value, and we will definitely find common ground.
- You should know how to make things and show results. We won't read blunt CV lines, that have nothing behind them. Give us something tangible; namely, either products you have done (even if it is a college project) or articles written about your works. If there is no trace of your code to be found on the Internet, whatis the point you working anyway? By the way, a good article written by you or a witty idea said on a forum are worth mentioning too.
Being a developer in Xored means
- creating development and modeling tools, using mostly Java and Eclipse technologies, which doesn't make the work less interesting or versatile, though. Lovers of emerging technologies and programming languages can apply themselves to our projects on Fantom or Nim (+ CouchDB).
- immersing into worldwide development processes and being aware of the industry latest trends and achievements.
- taking part in international conferences and exhibitions.
- the results of your work being used by minimum hundreds of people (if not tens of thousands) around the world.
- suggesting technologies and workflow improvement at any time of your employment. We mean it, you can share your ideas the first day you work with us. We have no middle-management bureaucracy and we will listen to you.
- unlimited professional growth, if you are willing to take responsibility.
- secure project schedule. Our partnership with telecom industry leaders allows to create a year-ahead workflow plans and develop products of our own.
- working in Prague, or in one of our offices in Russia: Akademgorodok, the center of Novosibirsk, Barnaul. If neither of the above suits you, we are ready to consider flexible location.